Interactive User Guide
marketindex offers leveraged products that carry a high degree of risk and it is possible to lose your entire investment (i.e. your total account balance).
The Trading Overview enables a fast overview of your open orders, positions and executed transactions.
- Trades: Summary of all open trades, both Long and Short (Buy and Sell).
- Ticket: Each activity receives a ticket number.
- Market: The traded market
- Units: The number of contracts relevant to the trade/position/order.
- S/L: Quote of the set Stop Loss
- T/P: Quote of the set Take Profit
- T/S: Quote of the set Trailing Stop
- Price: Opening price of the open Buy or Sell trade or order
- Current: Current price of the underlying market
- Profit: Current profit or loss of the open trade or position
- Profit (CCY): ): Current profit or loss of the open trade in the stated currency ( the account home currency )
- Profit (PIPS): Current profit or loss of the open trade in PIPS
- Profit (%): Current profit or loss of the open trade in terms of percentage price change.
- Orders: Summary of all orders (Limit, Market if Touched, Stop Loss, Take Profit and Trailing Stop)
- Positions: List of traded markets with all current units accumulated into one position per market
- Activity: Summary of all activities
The Connection button allows you to:
- Lock the platform
- Quit the platform
The Account menu allows you to:
- Open the trade/order entry window
- Simultaneously close all trades or orders
- View your Full Transaction History
- View your Account Details
- Change your password or security code
- Manage deposits, withdrawals or transfer funds
- Change your account leverage
- Switch between (sub)accounts
- Add or remove funds ( Demo account Only )
- Reset Profit / Loss ( Demo account Only )
The Tools menu allows you to:
- View: Show / hide the Tables, Graph, Account Summary, Quote List / Panel and the Filter
- Font Size: Change the Font Size
- Colour Scheme: You are able to select/customise colour schemes to change the look of the platform.
- Language: Choice of languages German, English, Dutch
- Always on Top: Selected parts of the platform can be selected to be on top which allows those parts to be visible even whilst using other programs.
- User Preferences: Miscellaneous options relating to the platform (for example Chart, Quote List or pre order options)
- Save Current Profile: Save the current visible profile
- Profile Manager: Create user defined profiles
The Resources menu offers you a PIP / Profit Calculator, a summary of the current Interest and Financing Rates and information relating to Market Analysis.
The Window menu allows you to select an open window, bring all windows to the foreground, minimise all windows or close all windows.
The Help menu allows you access to an overview of the Keyboard Shortcuts and their functions. It also allows you to access the marketindex guide and contact information of the marketindex service teams.
A Trade which currently has an unrealised profit
A Trade which currently has an unrealised loss
- Balance: Current balance (profit and loss from open positions are not included)
- Unrealised P&L: Accumulated profit or loss from current open trades
- Net Asset Value: The account balance including the unrealised P&L
- Closeout Level (Airbag): The balance that your Net Asset Value must reach for the Airbag to trigger. The Airbag is always 50% of your Used Margin. Once triggered the Airbag will automatically close all positions open on that account.
- Realised P&L: Accumulated profit or loss from all closed trades.
- Margin Used: Amount of Margin being used accumulated for all open positions ( margin equals the current market price multiplied by the amount of units, divided by your leverage)
- Margin Available: The difference between Net Asset Value and Margin Used. This can be used to open new trades.
Account Summary Preferences
Click to customise your Account Summary window from an extended view to see only a basic view.
Account Summary Actions
- Click for the basic view.
- Click for the extended view.
- Click to open the Account Summary in a separate window.
- Click to collapse the Account Summary. (You may want to do this to see more quotes listed in the Quote List/Quote Panel.)
- Click to expand the Account Summary when it's collapsed.
Quote List: Lists all Buy and Sell quotes for all tradable markets (it is possible to personalise the list).
Quote Panel: This panel allows you to use One-Click Trades.
Here you can change which tradable markets are shown and in which order they appear in the Quote List or Quote Panel.
Here you can use the drop-down menu to choose which market should be displayed in the chart.
Here you can use the drop-down menu to select the time interval that the chart should be displayed in. (from 5 seconds up to 1 day).
Here you can use the drop-down menu to choose which type of chart should be displayed (for example: Candlestick, Min/Max or Average Price).
With the Buy button you open a window to place a Market or Limit Order for a Long position.
With the Sell button you open a window to place a Market or Limit Order for a Short position.
Use the scroll bar to vertically scroll through the chart.
Explanation of the chart symbols
- Market Order Buy (Long)
- Market Order Sell (Short)
- Limit Order Buy (Long)
- Cancelled or expired Limit Order Buy (Long)
- Previous position of amended Limit Order Buy (Long)
- Limit Order Sell (Short)
- Cancelled or expired Limit Order Sell (Short)
- Previous position of amended Limit Order Buy (Short)
- Stop Loss (Line in the Chart)
- Activated Stop-Loss
- Trailing Stop (Line in the Chart)
- Activated Trailing Stop
- Take Profit (Line in the Chart)
- Activated Take Profit
- Activated Airbag
Example display of an added Study.
You can use the drop-down menu to chose a technical Study and by clicking on the "+“-symbol you add it to the chart.
Use the scroll bar to adjust the zoom level of the chart.
Use the scroll bar to scale the added study under the chart.
Filter: With this option only matching information will be displayed in the trading overview (Trades, Orders, Positions and Activity).
Table Configuration: With this option you can determine what information should be displayed in the trading overview.
One-Click Trades are executed via the Quote Panel. Define how many units you want to trade via User Preferences or type in the amount manually after clicking on the symbol.
Here you can choose what additional information should be displayed on the current chart (for example, current Ask and Bid price or all active Trades and Orders). Here you can also print out the current chart.
Draw Trendline: This menu enables you to place different kinds of trend lines in the chart (for example, Horizontal and Vertical Trend lines, Magnetic Trend lines and Fibonacci lines).
Reset scroll bars: Click here to optimise the chart display.
Connection quality: Click here to disconnect or to reconnect.
The Sub Account Switcher allows easy switching between the main account and sub accounts. You can activate this switcher in the User Preferences - Misc.